Tyler Depuydt is a certified athletic trainer, certified strength and conditioning specialist through the NSCA, and holds his Level 2 USA Weighlifting certification as a National Coach.
Involved with sports his whole life, Tyler pursued an athletic training degree, then followed it with a masters in athletic training. He has always enjoyed working with athletes and found his passion in weightlifting and strength and conditioning. He also discovered that he had a gift for bringing out the best in athletes – not just in terms reaching their strength potential but also in terms of putting them into the right frame of mind to perform at their best.
Before starting West Michigan Muscle, Tyler ran the Performance Training Program at Bronson Hospital. He has had experience with training athletes from high school level through NCAA and currently runs a USAW sanctioned Barbell Club.
Since 2012, Tyler has produced:
- USAW University World Team member
- USAW University National Gold medalist
- USAW Junior National Silver medalist
- USAW Junior National Bronze medalist
- 4 Youth National Level competitors
- 10 Junior and Senior National Level competitors
- 5 state record holders
- Regional powerlifting champion
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- USA Weightlifting
- American Red Cross CPR for the professional rescuer
- BOC Certified Athletic Trainer
- National Strength and Conditioning Association- Certified Strength and Conditioning Certification (CSCS)
- USA Weightlifting Level 2 National Coach
Tyler resides in Kalamazoo, Michigan with his spouse Jessie and their rescue lab-mix dog, Calvin. In addition to sports, he enjoys anything outdoors.